Welcome to the parish website for St. Eugene’s Church. “The Church of Saint Eugene is a community of believers seeking to grow in the faith of Jesus Christ through His Eucharist and by the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The Church of Saint Eugene welcomes all God’s people through liturgy, sacraments, outreach to our neighbors in need, and by following the example of Jesus Christ. Through works and actions we strive to meet the spiritual, physical and temporal needs of all generations, especially our young. By encouraging one another, we grow in faith and we demonstrate our life in the Holy Trinity by sharing the Good News of Jesus and by being an active voice in our society. With God’s help, we remain a community united in Faith, Hope and Charity.” Please visit these pages to learn more about our vibrant faith community!
News & Events
Tickets are now on sale for St Eugene’s 2016 20 Week Club
$1,000.00 GRAND PRIZE! 26 DRAWINGS $1,000.00 GRAND PRIZE!
WEEKLY DRAWINGS THROUGH OCTOBER 21ST
Donations for tickets are $60 per person and can be paid at once or as little as $3 per week. Sign up sheets are available at the back of the church. You can sign up and pay by dropping your sign up sheet in the collection basket or mailing to the rectory. Only members who are paid up to date will be eligible for the following:
¨ 20 weekly drawings of $30
¨ Grand Prize drawings of $1,000.00, $200.00, $100.00, $50.00 and $50.00
¨ Dinner Dance on Friday, October 21st at The Village Haven Restaurant in Slatersville featuring a Family Style Chicken Banquet, Cocktail Hour, Disk Jockey, Raffles and cash bar.
The 20 Week Club is an important fund raiser that allows us to continue the wonderful improvements that have been made to our church. Questions, call the rectory at 568-5102.
CONGRATULATIONS to Jennifer Alvarez, Danielle Baron, and Patricia Desmarais who were Baptized, received First Communion and Confirmation at the Easter Vigil and also to their parents and godparents. We welcome you into St. Eugene’s faith community.
Catholic Charity Fund AppealFaith and Good Works Have you given prayerful consideration to your gift for the 2016 Catholic Charity Appeal? Won't you help us by being the "Hands of Christ" in supporting the people and the work of the Diocese of Providence? Many of you have responded to the Catholic Charity Appeal mailing from Bishop Tobin. On behalf of those served by the ministries and services funded by the Catholic Charity Appeal, we thank you for your gifts. If you have not made a gift to this year's Appeal, you will be able to do so through our in-pew solicitation which will take place on the weekends of February 20/21 and February 27/28. Our parish goal is to attain 100% participation - a goal that can only be reached with your sacrificial help and support. All gifts, regardless of size, help to make a difference in the lives of so many individuals.
- INITIAL OFFERING
- With your January-February Budget Packet is a special envelope called “Initial Offering”. These fund help defray the considerable cost of producing and mailing the budget envelopes every two months. The suggested offering of $10 can be placed in the collection basket anytime this month, or sent to the rectory office. And we thank you for this extra boost!
St. Eugene Church is now using a new service called Parish Giving that will allow parishioners to have their weekly contributions deducted from their checking account or credit card. The link is: www.sainteugeneschurch.com/parish-giving/
- - The FIRST yard sale meeting is Monday, May 9, 2016 at 7:00pm in the Church hall.
- - Tues. May 10th 7:30 K of C (hall)
- - Wed. May 11th 6:00 PM SVDP (church)
- - Thurs. May 12th Prayer Service (church)
- - Wed. May 18th 8:00 PM AA (Hall)
- - Thurs. May 19th Prayer Service (church)
- - Tues. May 24th K of C (hall)
- - Wed. May 25th SVdP Meeting 6 PM
- - Thurs. May 26th Prayer Service (Church)
- Special Events / Sacrament Schedule
- - Confirmation: Sunday, May 8, 11:30AM
- - MASS TIME CHANGES: SUNDAY, MAY 8th - 8:00, 10:00
- - 11:30 AM CONFIRMATION MASS
- St. Vincent de Paul Breakfast May 28th, 2016 at 10:00AM, Chester’s Restaurant. Tickets $15.00 pp on sale after all the Masses. Your support makes it possible to help needy in our community.
- BLESSING OF THE BIKES Fr.Varghese will be holding the “Blessing of the Bikes” Saturday, May 7th, at 1:00PM in the parking lot of the Church. Anyone who would like to have their motorcycle blessed before they head out for warm summer riding should stop by. But don’t forget to tell all your friends about this important event so that they also will have a safe ride for the summer.
- The May Crowning of Mother Mary is scheduled for Sunday, May 8th during the 10:00AM Mass. All children who received their Sacrament of First Communion on May 1st are asked to participate, and to wear their Communion outfits. All other children are asked to join them and to dress appropriately.
- CAR WASH Our parish youth and K of C will be holding a Car Wash Saturday, May 7th, before Mother’s Day in the church parking lot from 9-2pm. What a great idea for the mothers, grandmothers, godmothers or aunts in our lives! There is a free will offering. Proceeds will go towards Roses to be given out to mothers at Masses that weekend.
- - The Marian Movement of Priests A special Mass will be held at St. Eugene Church on wednesday, May 20th at 9 AM for the "Cenacles of the Marian Movement of Priests", Rosary and meditation on Our Lady's book of messages. All are welcome.
First Communion Mass is always a great occasion of faith and joy for our parish and for me personally. I have wonderful memories of my own First Communion way back in....(Read more)
Join Our Parish
Welcome to St. Eugene Parish, a Roman Catholic community committed to the Gospels. Please call the parish rectory at (401) 568-5102 to register with the parish or to receive budgets. If you are moving out of the parish, please call us so we may update our records. If you have a question for the pastor, please call Father Varghese at the rectory or see him after any Mass.
Register by downloading a parish registration form. Completed registration forms (click here) can be returned by mail, brought to the parish office, or dropped in the collection basket at any weekend mass.