Welcome to the parish website for St. Eugene’s Church. “The Church of Saint Eugene is a community of believers seeking to grow in the faith of Jesus Christ through His Eucharist and by the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The Church of Saint Eugene welcomes all God’s people through liturgy, sacraments, outreach to our neighbors in need, and by following the example of Jesus Christ. Through works and actions we strive to meet the spiritual, physical and temporal needs of all generations, especially our young. By encouraging one another, we grow in faith and we demonstrate our life in the Holy Trinity by sharing the Good News of Jesus and by being an active voice in our society. With God’s help, we remain a community united in Faith, Hope and Charity.” Please visit these pages to learn more about our vibrant faith community!
News & Events (click any item to enlarge)
St. Eugene's Parish invites the parishioners to donate generously to our Annual Collection. Funds from this year's annual collection will be used to pay for the seal-coating of the parking lot, to replace broken air conditioners and for painting the front and back of the church. The Annual Collection will be a first step in collecting funds for this purpose.
May I ask your generosity, during this Thanksgiving season? This work will complete the repairs and updating of our wonderful church! God loves a cheerful giver! Thank you for the magnificent expression of faith reflected in your weekly presence and participation at liturgies, your willingness to offer your time and talent in response to parish programs and your loyal financial support to our beloved parish is greatly appreciated
St Eugene Church conducted it's first Vacation Bible Camp during the week of August 14th. The event was organized by Deacon Brian Moris with the help of many volunteers. Click here for a Youtube video
- "Let us carry Mother Teresa's smile in our hearts and give it to those whom we meet along our journey."
Religious education classes for all grades will be starting next weekend Our young people are enrolled with many devoted catechists volunteering their time and talent to help form future generations of believers. I want to express my profound appreciation to these parishioners for giving up their time and devoting their energy teaching the young. Our Lord warned adults not to prevent the children from coming to Him, for such as these does the Kingdom of God belong. Parents are, above all, the first and most important teachers of religion and we who teach and preach can only build on the foundation provided by parents. In addition to bringing their children to religion classes, parents are encouraged to attend Sunday Mass with their children; for the faith to be experienced it must be enlivened spiritually with the grace of the Sacraments, especially the sharing of God’s Word and His Body and Blood, gifts given to us at each and every Mass. It is the house, that is, the life, built on the solid rock of faith rather than the shifting sands of ease and comfort that sustains in time of trial and difficulty; that trials and difficulties come is without question—that we can be sustained in the face of these depends on how well we have built, have practiced, have nurtured our faith, particularly with the living Body and Blood of Christ, the Eucharist, each and every Sunday. Faith is living and dynamic: if not fed, it grows weak; if not practiced, it grows rusty; if not shared, it grows cold; if not lived, it dies. Schedules for all the classes are located at the front entrance of the Church Grade K – 5: meets on Sunday mornings from 8:45 – 9:50AM The Religious Education Mass for Grades K–5 is on Sept. 11th, at 8:00AM. Soon after the Mass the parents will remain in the church for a meeting. For First Communion students, weekly Mass is mandatory and there will be sign-in sheets for students at the entrance of the Church. Grades 6 - 8: meets Monday Evenings from 6:30 – 7:30PM. Your class begins on September 12th, 2016 in the basement of the Church. Grades 9 – 10: meets Sunday following the 10:15 AM Mass The Confirmation students Mass will be held on September 11th, at 10:15AM. For confirmation students, weekly Mass is mandatory. The time of the classes will be 11:15AM – 12:30 PM. There will be sign-in sheets for students at the entrance of the Church. Parents are encouraged to attend Mass weekly. Please call Cheryl Previte for grades K – 5, and Michael Gardiner for grades 6 – 10 or if you need more information call the rectory.
JOIN OUR PARISH
Welcome to St. Eugene Parish, a Roman Catholic community committed to the Gospels. Please call the parish rectory at (401) 568-5102 to register with the parish or to receive budgets. If you are moving out of the parish, please call us so we may update our records. If you have a question for the pastor, please call Father Varghese at the rectory or see him after any Mass. Register by downloading a parish registration form. Completed registration forms (click here) can be returned by mail, brought to the parish office, or dropped in the collection basket at any weekend mass.
St. Eugene Church is now using a new service called Parish Giving that will allow parishioners to have their weekly contributions deducted from their checking account or credit card. The link is: www.sainteugeneschurch.com/parish-giving/
- - Tues. Oct 25 7:30 PM K of C (Hall)
- - Wed. Oct 26 6:30 PM SVDP (Church)
- - Wed. Oct 26 8:00 PM AA Meeting (Hall)
- - Thurs. Oct 27 Prayer Service
- - Wine Tasting: Chester’s November 13, 4PM
- - Christmas Bazaar: Saturday, November 19th
- - Italian Night: Saturday, April 1, 2017
MASS OF CONSOLATION
- A special Mass will be offered Saturday, November 5th, at 4:00PM for all our beloved faithful departed who have died within the past year. Join us in prayer and Holy Eucharist. Letters have been sent to all families whose loved ones were buried from St. Eugene’s this past year. If you have an immediate family member who died this past year and was not buried from St. Eugene’s. Please contact the Parish Office at 568- 5102 if you would like to attend.
ST. EUGENE CHRISTMAS BAZAAR
- Saturday, Nov.19th from 9 am – 6 pm. Our drawings will begin at 6:00 pm. We are now accepting donations of new items for bazaar tables. Items needed for penny social raffles and craft tables include any handcrafted items, gift certificates, small appliances, dishes, Santas, lamps, knick knacks, decorative plates, Christmas ornaments and new children’s toys. Donations may be dropped off at the rectory. We also are in need of many volunteers to help make our event a success! More info, please contact Bob Catineault at 568-3798; RCATno@cox.net or call rectory 568-5102
- Three books of Raffle Tickets were mailed to all our parishioners. Please make every effort to buy of sell these tickets. If you are not able to buy or sell these books please return them to Church. Thank you! DON'T FORGET, YOU MAY BE A $500 WINNER!
- Sunday - Grades K - 5 (8:45 - 9:50am)
- Sunday - Grades 9 - 10 (11:15am - 12:15pm)
- Monday - Grades 6 - 8 (6:30 - 7:30pm)
- REMINDER: lst Communion and Confirmation I & II students must sign in at Mass
- Vacation Bible Camp The first annual Vacation Bible Camp was a great success! Thanks to all the volunteers who made this possible. View a YouTube video by clicking here.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION CLASSES
The Everyday Good Samaritan..."(Read more)