Welcome to the parish website for St. Eugene’s Church. “The Church of Saint Eugene is a community of believers seeking to grow in the faith of Jesus Christ through His Eucharist and by the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The Church of Saint Eugene welcomes all God’s people through liturgy, sacraments, outreach to our neighbors in need, and by following the example of Jesus Christ. Through works and actions we strive to meet the spiritual, physical and temporal needs of all generations, especially our young. By encouraging one another, we grow in faith and we demonstrate our life in the Holy Trinity by sharing the Good News of Jesus and by being an active voice in our society. With God’s help, we remain a community united in Faith, Hope and Charity.” Please visit these pages to learn more about our vibrant faith community!
News & Events (click any item to enlarge)
Q: Why do we call God “Father”?
First of all, we call God “Father” because Jesus told us to do so. Jesus says it quite clearly when He teaches us to pray the “Our Father” in Matthew 6:9-13 and Luke 11:2-4. Also, we call God “Father” because He is the origin of all things. Everything that exists, exists because He created it. Even within the trinity the name “Father” is proper to the first person because the Son and Holy Spirit proceed from Him while He proceeds from no-one. God is Father in the most excellent way above all earthly fathers. All earthly fathers, both physical and spiritual, should look to God as the standard for their own fatherhood.
CONGRATULATIONS to Stephen &
Jennifer Almonte who celebrated the
sacrament of marriage here on June 10. May
God bless you as you begin your new life
Tickets are now on sale for St Eugene’s 2016 20 Week Club
$1,000.00 GRAND PRIZE! 26 DRAWINGS $1,000.00 GRAND PRIZE!
WEEKLY DRAWINGS THROUGH OCTOBER 21ST
Donations for tickets are $60 per person and can be paid at once or as little as $3 per week. Sign up sheets are available at the back of the church. You can sign up and pay by dropping your sign up sheet in the collection basket or mailing to the rectory. Only members who are paid up to date will be eligible for the following:
¨ 20 weekly drawings of $30
¨ Grand Prize drawings of $1,000.00, $200.00, $100.00, $50.00 and $50.00
¨ Dinner Dance on Friday, October 21st at The Village Haven Restaurant in Slatersville featuring a Family Style Chicken Banquet, Cocktail Hour, Disk Jockey, Raffles and cash bar.
The 20 Week Club is an important fund raiser that allows us to continue the wonderful improvements that have been made to our church. Questions, call the rectory at 568-5102.
- "I would like to convey a message to you that is very simple but which I think is important and necessary. Jesus loves you very, very much. Jesus truly loves you. He carries you in his heart always. He knows better than anyone else what each person needs, what we yearn for, what our loftiest aspiration is, how our heart is. He never abandons us."
- The deadline for Religious Education Fall Registration is July 31. We appreciate your cooperation in getting those registration forms in on time. Children entering Grade 1 in the fall should be registered for Religious Education.
- FIRST COMMUNION & CONFIRMATION are two year programs. Please send in copies of Baptismal Certificates if student was not baptized at St. Eugene.
- CONFIRMATION II Catholic high school students entering Grade 10 in September are required to register for Confirmation. Registration forms can be picked up at the church entrance. Registration forms, for the 2015-16 school year, were mailed home. If you did not receive your forms or know of a family that needs forms please contact us by phone or email. Please return registration forms even if your child is going to be attending a Catholic school. Remember to include your e-mail address.
MOTHER OF HOPE CAMP - Looking for a fun activity for your children as they begin the summer? Look no further! Mother of Hope Camp has provided safe, fun and activity filled summers to thousands of children for more than 60 years. Children ages 5 through 12 are invited to register for this day camp located on the shores of beautiful Echo Lake in nearby Chepachet. Bus transportation to and from many neighborhoods throughout RI is included in the affordable tuition. Traditional summer camp activities such as swimming, sports, arts and crafts, weekly Mass, making friends, and so much more are available to Mother of Hope campers. call 568-3580.
St. Eugene Church is now using a new service called Parish Giving that will allow parishioners to have their weekly contributions deducted from their checking account or credit card. The link is: www.sainteugeneschurch.com/parish-giving/
- - Tues. July 26 7:30 PM K of C (Hall)
- - Wed. July 27
- - 6:00 PM SVDP (Church)
- - 7:00 PM Bible Class
- - 8:00 PM AA Meeting (Hall)
- - Thurs. July 28 Benedication & Prayer Service
- - Fri. July 29 4:30 PM Cruise Night (Car show
- - Wed. Aug. 3 8:00 PM AA Meeting (Hall)
- - Thurs. Aug. 4 Prayer Service
- - Fri. Aug. 5 4:30 PM Cruise Night (Car show)
- St. Eugene’s ANNUAL YARD SALE is scheduled for August 13 (Rain-date: August 20) from 8am-3pm. We will accept household items, furniture, tools, toys, jewelry, and other items in good condition that we can resell. Please do not leave donations outdoors around or under the trailer. Donations should be boxed, if possible, and brought inside the trailer then neatly stacked near the existing boxes of donations. Please, no shoes, mattresses or junk! Thank you!
- VACTION BIBLE CAMP BEGINS AUGUST 15th– 19th. If anyone is interested, sign up forms are located at the entrance of the Church.
- Bible Study Group Deacon Brian will be leading a bible study group on Wednesdays from 7 to 8 PM in the class room at the back of the church main floor. All are welcome.
Annual Golf Tournament
Our 7th Annual Golf Tournament will be held on Sunday, August 7, 2016, at the Foster Country Club. 12:30PM shot gun start, scramble format. $110.00 per golfer includes… 18 holes of golf, cart, prizes and dinner immediately following. For more information or to sign up to participate, you may call Bridget Gieseke at 567-0469 or Brian Benson 397-7750.
- Every September Bishop Tobin has a beautiful Marriage Anniversary Mass at the Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul in Providence for couples celebrating Marriage Anniversaries (25th, 40th, 50th, or above) and their families. This year’s Mass is on Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 1:00 PM. At this Mass there will be a renewal of marriage vows, a personalized certificate for each couple and a reception following. Forms must be submitted by August 21st to the Rectory
MARRIAGE ANNIVERSARY MASS
I’d like to note an important change the Church made to it’s Cannon law in 2009. It added a very important paragraph to Cannon 1009....(Read more)
Join Our Parish
Welcome to St. Eugene Parish, a Roman Catholic community committed to the Gospels. Please call the parish rectory at (401) 568-5102 to register with the parish or to receive budgets. If you are moving out of the parish, please call us so we may update our records. If you have a question for the pastor, please call Father Varghese at the rectory or see him after any Mass.
Register by downloading a parish registration form. Completed registration forms (click here) can be returned by mail, brought to the parish office, or dropped in the collection basket at any weekend mass.