Welcome to the parish website for St. Eugene’s Church. “The Church of Saint Eugene is a community of believers seeking to grow in the faith of Jesus Christ through His Eucharist and by the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The Church of Saint Eugene welcomes all God’s people through liturgy, sacraments, outreach to our neighbors in need, and by following the example of Jesus Christ. Through works and actions we strive to meet the spiritual, physical and temporal needs of all generations, especially our young. By encouraging one another, we grow in faith and we demonstrate our life in the Holy Trinity by sharing the Good News of Jesus and by being an active voice in our society. With God’s help, we remain a community united in Faith, Hope and Charity.” Please visit these pages to learn more about our vibrant faith community!
News & Events
Father Varghese hosted an appreciation dinner for many of the volunteers who work hard all year carrying out the many ministries of St Eugene Parish. The dinner was attended by about one hundred volunteers and was put on by members of the Knights of Columbus and their wives. The parish could not function as well as it does without the generous support of our volunteers. (Thanks to Paulette Larocque for the photos)
M/M Thomas Gonyea & Family
M/M Robert McCormick
M/M Robert Ducharme
M/M Raymond Laney
M/M Eric Bither
Cecilia Laporte and family
Catholic Charity Fund AppealFaith and Good Works Have you given prayerful consideration to your gift for the 2016 Catholic Charity Appeal? Won't you help us by being the "Hands of Christ" in supporting the people and the work of the Diocese of Providence? Many of you have responded to the Catholic Charity Appeal mailing from Bishop Tobin. On behalf of those served by the ministries and services funded by the Catholic Charity Appeal, we thank you for your gifts. If you have not made a gift to this year's Appeal, you will be able to do so through our in-pew solicitation which will take place on the weekends of February 20/21 and February 27/28. Our parish goal is to attain 100% participation - a goal that can only be reached with your sacrificial help and support. All gifts, regardless of size, help to make a difference in the lives of so many individuals.
Every Friday Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament 7 AM to 12 Noon. Divine Mercy Chaplet & confession. All are invited and encouraged to spend an hour or more with the Lord.
- INITIAL OFFERING
- With your January-February Budget Packet is a special envelope called “Initial Offering”. These fund help defray the considerable cost of producing and mailing the budget envelopes every two months. The suggested offering of $10 can be placed in the collection basket anytime this month, or sent to the rectory office. And we thank you for this extra boost!
St. Eugene Church is now using a new service called Parish Giving that will allow parishioners to have their weekly contributions deducted from their checking account or credit card. The link is: www.sainteugeneschurch.com/parish-giving/
- - Sunday Feb 7 CCD K-5 & 9 & 10
- - Monday Feb 8 CCD 6-8
- - Monday Feb 8 Finance Committee meeting 7:30 PM
- - Tuesday Feb 9 K of C 7:30 (hall)
- - Masses for Ash Wednesday will be at 7:30 AM and 7:00 PM
- - Wednesday Feb 10 AA 8 PM (Hall)
- - Thursday Feb 11 Prayer Service Church
- - Blessing of Throats at all masses on Feb 6 and 7
- - Sunday Feb 14 NO CCD K-5 & 9 & 10
- - Monday Feb 15 NO CCD 6-8
- To Love and To Cherish To Love and To Cherish, a program for married Catholics, is being offered by the Office of Life and Family. This free program provides opics/discussions designed to enrich and strengthen marriage in a sharing group environment. It will be ffered Mondays, February 22, through March 21, from 7 to 8:30 pm at St. Joseph Church Rectory, 854 Providence St., West Warwick, contact Peter Magnotta at 401-421-7833, ext. 217.
- SCOUT SUNDAY
All the scout troops and groups will be coming to the 10:15 AM Mass Sunday, February 7th. Part of the scouting program is the dictum “A scout is reverent!” They honor the maker and giver of life. We encourage parents to consider the scouting program for their children. Leadership skills are taught in a fun and creative way. On “Scout Sunday” we welcome the Boy Scouts, Tiger and Cub Scouts, the Brownie Troop, and the various Girl Scout Troops.
- * ITALIAN NIGHT * Saturday, April 2, 2016
2016 ASH WEDNESDAY SCHEDULE
February 10, 2016 is Ash Wednesday. Masses with distribution of Ashes are at 7:30am and 7:00pm.
This week we enter the holy season of Lent—those sacred 40 days where we step back, look at our sins (how they hurt us and others) and seek to deepen our connection with Jesus, who heals and transforms our hearts and desires..........(Read more)
Join Our Parish
Welcome to St. Eugene Parish, a Roman Catholic community committed to the Gospels. Please call the parish rectory at (401) 568-5102 to register with the parish or to receive budgets. If you are moving out of the parish, please call us so we may update our records. If you have a question for the pastor, please call Father Varghese at the rectory or see him after any Mass.
Register by downloading a parish registration form. Completed registration forms (click here) can be returned by mail, brought to the parish office, or dropped in the collection basket at any weekend mass.