Welcome to the parish website for St. Eugene’s Church. “The Church of Saint Eugene is a community of believers seeking to grow in the faith of Jesus Christ through His Eucharist and by the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The Church of Saint Eugene welcomes all God’s people through liturgy, sacraments, outreach to our neighbors in need, and by following the example of Jesus Christ. Through works and actions we strive to meet the spiritual, physical and temporal needs of all generations, especially our young. By encouraging one another, we grow in faith and we demonstrate our life in the Holy Trinity by sharing the Good News of Jesus and by being an active voice in our society. With God’s help, we remain a community united in Faith, Hope and Charity.” Please visit these pages to learn more about our vibrant faith community!
News & Events (click any item to enlarge)
St Eugene Church conducted it's first Vacation Bible Camp during the week of August 14th. The event was organized by Deacon Brian Moris with the help of many volunteers. Click here for a Youtube video
As Fr. Varghese announced last weekend at Mass, my summer assignment is done and I am heading back to school. However, as a deacon I am assigned to come back here on the weekends to spend time in the parish and assist at Mass and other parish events. So in the words of that famous robot, “I’ll be back!”
Please pray for me and all my brother seminarians as we return to our academic studies. As of the last time I heard we have 21 new men joining us at Saint John’s this Fall including 4 young men studying from Vietnam. For the Diocese of Providence there are 12 men returning to formation and 2 new men entering formation this Fall. The two new men will join Brother Dan in his last year at Our Lady of Providence Seminary in Providence.
I also want to thank all of you for a great summer. I have really enjoyed living here and experiencing all the great things this parish does, especially the golf tournament, the yard sale and this weeks’ vacation bible camp. And I have to say what a pleasure it has been to teach the bible class on Wednesdays. It was a lot of fun and I learned a few things myself!
I look forward to seeing you on the weekends this fall beginning on the weekend of September 10th-11th. Until then, God Bless.
Tickets are now on sale for St Eugene’s 2016 20 Week Club (click here for sign-up form)
$1,000.00 GRAND PRIZE! 26 DRAWINGS $1,000.00 GRAND PRIZE!
WEEKLY DRAWINGS THROUGH OCTOBER 21ST
Donations for tickets are $60 per person and can be paid at once or as little as $3 per week. Sign up sheets are available at the back of the church. You can sign up and pay by dropping your sign up sheet in the collection basket or mailing to the rectory. Only members who are paid up to date will be eligible for the following:
¨ 20 weekly drawings of $30
¨ Grand Prize drawings of $1,000.00, $200.00, $100.00, $50.00 and $50.00
¨ Dinner Dance on Friday, October 21st at The Village Haven Restaurant in Slatersville featuring a Family Style Chicken Banquet, Cocktail Hour, Disk Jockey, Raffles and cash bar.
The 20 Week Club is an important fund raiser that allows us to continue the wonderful improvements that have been made to our church. Questions, call the rectory at 568-5102.
- "I would like to convey a message to you that is very simple but which I think is important and necessary. Jesus loves you very, very much. Jesus truly loves you. He carries you in his heart always. He knows better than anyone else what each person needs, what we yearn for, what our loftiest aspiration is, how our heart is. He never abandons us."
- The deadline for Religious Education Fall Registration is July 31. We appreciate your cooperation in getting those registration forms in on time. Children entering Grade 1 in the fall should be registered for Religious Education.
- FIRST COMMUNION & CONFIRMATION
are two year programs. Please send in copies
of Baptismal Certificates if student was not
baptized at St. Eugene.
Catholic high school students entering Grade 10 in September are required to register for Confirmation. Registration forms can be picked up at the church entrance. Registration forms, for the 2015-16 school year, were mailed home. If you did not receive your forms or know of a family that needs forms please contact us by phone or email. Please return registration forms even if your child is going to be attending a Catholic school. Remember to include your e-mail address.
JOIN OUR PARISH
Welcome to St. Eugene Parish, a Roman Catholic community committed to the Gospels. Please call the parish rectory at (401) 568-5102 to register with the parish or to receive budgets. If you are moving out of the parish, please call us so we may update our records. If you have a question for the pastor, please call Father Varghese at the rectory or see him after any Mass. Register by downloading a parish registration form. Completed registration forms (click here) can be returned by mail, brought to the parish office, or dropped in the collection basket at any weekend mass.
St. Eugene Church is now using a new service called Parish Giving that will allow parishioners to have their weekly contributions deducted from their checking account or credit card. The link is: www.sainteugeneschurch.com/parish-giving/
- - Tues. Aug. 23 7:30 PM K of C (Hall)
- - Wed. Aug. 24 6:00 PM SVDP (Church)
- - Wed. Aug. 7:00 PM Bible Class
- - Wed. Aug. 8:00 PM AA Meeting (Hall)
- - Thurs. Aug. 25 Benediction & Prayer Service
- - Fri. Aug. 26 4:30 PM Cruise Night (Car show)
- - Tues. Aug. 30 7:30 PM K of C (Hall)
- - Wed. Aug. 31 6:00 PM SVDP (Church)
- - Wed. Aug. 31 8:00 PM AA Meeting (Hall)
- - Thurs. Sept. 1 Prayer Service
- - Fri. Sept. 2 4:30 PM Cruise Night (Car show
Every Friday Night June through September
- Vacation Bible Camp The first annual Vacation Bible Camp was a great success! Thanks to all the volunteers who made this possible. View a YouTube video by clicking here.
Friends of the Poor Walk
- St Eugene Council of the St Vincent de Paul Society will be participating in the Friends of the Poor Walk on Sunday September 25, 2016 at 10am at Garden City. It is a one mile walk and registration will be begin at 9am. Anyone interested in walking or sponsoring a walker for this great cause, please contact Pat Wyatt @309-6291.
Car Show and Craft Fair October 9, 2016
This is a family day for our parish. There is no cost to view the wonderful cars of past generations, enjoy great food and browse our craft fair. You can help, we are asking everyone who attends to bring a can good for our food pantry. If you are a business person please ask how a small donation from you can go a long way to stock our pantry and enhance your standing in our community. As a parishioner who would like to memorialize someone who took you for long Sunday rides, to the Drive-In, or just loved old cars you can purchase a set of trophies engraved with your loved ones name and then you can select and present the trophies to the winners. This would also make a great gift for your children or grandchildren. Watch their faces light up when they are presented their own personalized trophy.
Over a hundred volunteers worked incredibly hard to make St. Eugene’s Yard Sale such a success! Thank YOU!......(Read more)