News & Events
Our Blessed Mother needs your help. Please consider joining our Legion of Mary meetings. Thus far we have had eight Legion of Mary meetings. Our meetings are held on Thursday evenings at 6:30pm in the church hall classroom. Please come to see if the Lord is calling you to support our parish will your talents, prayers, and presence through this ministry. If you have any questions, please contact Alice at 401-722-6388.
Pastor TJ Varghese is transferred to St Luke parish. We wish him well in all that the future brings. He is loved and will be missed!
Thank you so very much for the great send off last weekend. I am grateful for your support during my pastorate and for your tremendous witness of faith, hope and love over the years.
I thank you for the many kind words, best wishes, thoughtful cards and generous gifts. I wish to thank all those who helped with the reception, especially Helen Suess, Marie Robidoux, Deanna DiSalvo and Odete McMahon, so I could say “Farewell” after the 10:15AM Mass. It was a wonderful time and I am so happy I was able to say goodbye to so many great people. I was so very pleased to celebrate my final Mass at St. Eugene’s with such a great group of Altar Servers and the music by our choir was superb as usual.
For anyone who has helped and supported the parish in any way and for all those who have been so very kind and supportive to me personally, I say thank you. I truly give thanks to God for all of you and also thanks for sending me to this incredible place we call St. Eugene. My first pastorate has been a great blessing in my life and I wish God’s continued blessings upon all of you and this parish. God Speed! Farewell my friends!
The St. Vincent dePaul Society, would like to thank all parishioners who donated in any way to our Thanksgiving & Christmas Food Baskets and Giving Tree. Your thoughtfulness and generosity made it possible for many families to have a special celebration. Thank you for you continued support.
Click on picture to enlarge
In light of the upcoming celebration of Thanksgiving, I would like to take the opportunity to wish each of you, the members of your families, and your friends a very Happy Thanksgiving and express my heartfelt gratitude to all of the parishioners and associates of our parish.
Please join us this Sunday Afternoon November 18th at 3pm At the Chepachet Free Will Baptist Church 1213 Putnam Pike – Route 44 Chepachet, RI as we come together as a community to give thanks with friends and neighbors in an Ecumenical Service of Thanksgiving for all our blessings.
– Saint Vincent dePaul –Sun. Nov 18th 12:30pm- volunteers needed to give approximately 1 hour of time to help put together the food baskets and label the giving tree tags.
– SVDP Meeting Tues. 11/27 at 6pm in the church hall.
SVDP “Giving Tree Tags” go on the giving tree in the church the weekend of Dec 1st & 2nd Please consider helping another family this year. It brings you more joy and happiness to help others than you could ever imagine.
Regular Weekly and Monthly Meetings
- Legion of Mary – Our parish in blessed to have a brand new Praesidium of the Legion of Mary. The Legion of Mary is a wonderful spiritual organization which assists in the Church’s ministry of evangelization. The meetings are held on Thursday evenings at 6:30 PM. We hope to see you there.
- – CCD CLASSES
Sundays – Gr. K – 5 (8:45am – 9:50am)
Sundays – Gr. 9 –10 (11:15am- 12:30pm)
Mondays – Gr. 6 – 8 (6:30pm – 7:30pm)
- – Youth Group meets every Saturday evening at 7:00 PM in the church hall
- – Knights of Columbus meet on the Second and fourth Thursdays of every month at 7:30 PM
- – 4th Degree Knights of Columbus– Meets 3rd Tuesday of the month @7:30pm in the church hall
- – New Freedom (formerly AA) meets every Wednesday 8 PM in the church hall
- – Every Thursday Legion of Mary meeting is at 6:30 pm
- – Eucharistic Adoration Every Friday from 8am to Noon (Right after 7:30am morning mass)
Youth Group Meets Saturday Evenings at 7pm. Students in Grades 8-12 are welcome to join. Come and enjoy some time with friends. (Students who have already made their Confirmation are invited back to join us!)
FIRST COMMUNION & CONFIRMATION are two year programs. Please send in copies of Baptismal Certificates if student was not baptized at St. Eugene. Confirmation candidates should have a sponsor chosen prior to the start of classes.
Registration forms for Religious Education have been prepared and mailed. If you are new to the parish or have children who are now of an age to attend classes, please call rectory 568-5102 so that your family can be sent a registration form.
Registration Forms are available for download by clicking the Rel Ed menu option above then clicking Forms