News & Events
Our Blessed Mother needs your help. Please consider joining our Legion of Mary meetings. Thus far we have had eight Legion of Mary meetings. Our meetings are held on Thursday evenings at 6:30pm in the church hall classroom. Please come to see if the Lord is calling you to support our parish will your talents, prayers, and presence through this ministry. If you have any questions, please contact Alice at 401-722-6388.
Pastor TJ Varghese is transferred to St Luke parish. We wish him well in all that the future brings. He is loved and will be missed!
Thank you so very much for the great send off last weekend. I am grateful for your support during my pastorate and for your tremendous witness of faith, hope and love over the years.
I thank you for the many kind words, best wishes, thoughtful cards and generous gifts. I wish to thank all those who helped with the reception, especially Helen Suess, Marie Robidoux, Deanna DiSalvo and Odete McMahon, so I could say “Farewell” after the 10:15AM Mass. It was a wonderful time and I am so happy I was able to say goodbye to so many great people. I was so very pleased to celebrate my final Mass at St. Eugene’s with such a great group of Altar Servers and the music by our choir was superb as usual.
For anyone who has helped and supported the parish in any way and for all those who have been so very kind and supportive to me personally, I say thank you. I truly give thanks to God for all of you and also thanks for sending me to this incredible place we call St. Eugene. My first pastorate has been a great blessing in my life and I wish God’s continued blessings upon all of you and this parish. God Speed! Farewell my friends!
Eucharistic Adoration: after daily mass
Eucharistic Exposition: Fridays 8:00AM;
Benediction: 9:00 AM
will be available between
6:30pm and 7:30pm in the church
CCD classes resume
September 8, 2019
All classes will now be held on Sundays
Gr K-5 — 8:45am – 9:50am
Gr 6-10 — 11:15am – 12:30pm
I very much appreciate everything that you have done for me over the last 14 months since I arrived here in Chepachet.
- * Last Yard Sale Meeting Sept 9th at 6:30pm
- * St. Vincent dePaul-Meets 2nd Wednesday of the month Sept thru June at 6pm in the church hall. 1st Meeting of the year – This Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6pm in the church hall
- * Annual Yard Sale Saturday, Sept. 21st, 2019
- * Parish Feast Meeting, Sept. 30th @ 6:30pm
Regular Weekly and Monthly Meetings
- * Bible Study Group— “Spirituality of the Gospels” meets at 10 AM in the church hall
- – CCD – All classes will now be held on Sundays Gr K-5 — 8:45am – 9:50am Gr 6-10 — 11:15am – 12:30pm
- – Every Wednesday- 6:30-7:30pm Confessions in the church with exposition of the Eucharist.
- – Legion of Mary – meetings are held on Thursday evenings at 6:30 PM. We hope to see you there.
- – Youth Group meets every Saturday evening at 7:00 PM in the church hall
- – Knights of Columbus meet on the Second and fourth Thursdays of every month at 7:30 PM
- – 4th Degree Knights of Columbus– Meets 3rd Tuesday of the month @7:30pm in the church hall
- – New Freedom (formerly AA) meets every Wednesday 8 PM in the church hall
- St. Vincent dePaul Society meets 2nd Wednesday of the month: Sept – June at 6pm in the church hall.
- – Eucharistic Adoration Every Friday from 8am to Noon (Right after 7:30am morning mass)
See our “Youth Event Poster” for information on the next event – Trail Hike and Campfire, Sun. September 15th at 1pm
Youth Group Meets Saturday Evenings at 7pm. Students in Grades 8-12 are welcome to join. Come and enjoy some time with friends. (Students who have already made their Confirmation are invited back to join us!)
FIRST COMMUNION & CONFIRMATION are two year programs. Please send in copies of Baptismal Certificates if student was not baptized at St. Eugene. Confirmation candidates should have a sponsor chosen prior to the start of classes.
Registration forms for Religious Education have been prepared and mailed. If you are new to the parish or have children who are now of an age to attend classes, please call rectory 568-5102 so that your family can be sent a registration form.
Registration Forms are available for download by clicking the Rel Ed menu option above then clicking Forms