News & Events
THANK YOU to all the members of our Saint Vincent de Paul Conference and parishioners of St. Eugene Church who helped in anyway with the success of our soup night. Our “Free Will” donations of $1,429.00 will help greatly heating and feeding the people in our community who are in need of assistance. (A special thank you to the Glocester Lions Club for their very generous donation!) Thank you! St. Eugene Conference SVDP
We are looking for items for our penny social table. Donations of gift certificates, new or VERY GENTLY used items may be brought to the rectory no later than Oct. 25th. Thank you for supporting this important (and fun) event.
Last week 6 youth & 7 adults braved the “Outback” of Pulaski Park. Aidan Babbitt, Hunter Cassidy, Ian Parker, Christian King, Joseph McKitchen and Isabella McMahon along with Fr. Dandeneau, Barbara Laberge, Sarah Kiff, Nicole Previte, Mr. Joseph McKitchen, Raymond McMahon and the church secretary all took part in our first trail hike. The weather was perfect and a great time was had by all. A delicious “feast” of marinated chicken, potato salad, cole slaw, chips, smore’s (and you can’t forget the hot dogs!) were enjoyed at the Pavilion by the hungry hikers in front of an inviting campfire. A special THANK YOU to Mr. Joseph McKitchen for his talented cooking skills at the grill, to Barbara, Nicole and the McKitchen family for their generous donations toward the meal, and to Maryann McKitchen & Sarah Kiff for their help in transporting the hikers from trails end to the campsite. And last but not least, a very special THANK YOU to Fr. Dandeneau for leading us on this adventure!
Our Blessed Mother needs your help. Please consider joining our Legion of Mary meetings. Thus far we have had eight Legion of Mary meetings. Our meetings are held on Thursday evenings at 6:30pm in the church hall classroom. Please come to see if the Lord is calling you to support our parish will your talents, prayers, and presence through this ministry. If you have any questions, please contact Alice at 401-722-6388.
Pastor TJ Varghese is transferred to St Luke parish. We wish him well in all that the future brings. He is loved and will be missed!
Thank you so very much for the great send off last weekend. I am grateful for your support during my pastorate and for your tremendous witness of faith, hope and love over the years.
I thank you for the many kind words, best wishes, thoughtful cards and generous gifts. I wish to thank all those who helped with the reception, especially Helen Suess, Marie Robidoux, Deanna DiSalvo and Odete McMahon, so I could say “Farewell” after the 10:15AM Mass. It was a wonderful time and I am so happy I was able to say goodbye to so many great people. I was so very pleased to celebrate my final Mass at St. Eugene’s with such a great group of Altar Servers and the music by our choir was superb as usual.
For anyone who has helped and supported the parish in any way and for all those who have been so very kind and supportive to me personally, I say thank you. I truly give thanks to God for all of you and also thanks for sending me to this incredible place we call St. Eugene. My first pastorate has been a great blessing in my life and I wish God’s continued blessings upon all of you and this parish. God Speed! Farewell my friends!
Eucharistic Adoration: after daily mass
Eucharistic Exposition: Fridays 8:00AM;
Benediction: 9:00 AM
will be available between
6:30pm and 7:30pm in the church
Annual Ecumenical Thanksgiving Service
Sunday, Nov. 24th at 3pm at Glad Tidings Church, 111 Victory Hwy, Rte. 102, Chepachet, RI
Come join us in celebrating our blessings with other members of our community this Thanksgiving holiday.
The next Knights of Columbus meeting will be on November 21st.
No CCD Classes Nov 24th and Dec 1st Thanksgiving Break
God is the center and the focal point of all of existence; the world doesn’t revolve around us.
- Annual Coat Drive
Gently used or new coats are being accepted in our church hall starting this weekend through
Dec. 14th. Please consider donating while going through your closets for the winter season.
- * St. Vincent dePaul – Meets 2nd Wednesday of the month Sept thru June at 6pm in the church hall.
- Up-Coming SVDP Events:
SVDP Giving Tree
The “Giving Tree” will be back next weekend Nov. 23rd and 24th. All gifts are due back NO LATER Dec. 15th. Please consider helping a child and their family enjoy a wonderful holiday.
- * Christmas Decorating Meeting Tues. Nov 19th – 6pm in the Church Hall
- *Mass of Thanksgiving for all blessings received this past year will be held on Thanksgiving Day at 9am here at St. Eugene. While the turkey is slowly roasting come join us in giving thanks for all you have received from Our Lord Jesus Christ. What a beautiful way to start your holiday feast!
- * Youth Group — Sunday, Dec. 15th Trip to LaSalette Shrine
Regular Weekly and Monthly Meetings
- * Bible Study Group— “Spirituality of the Gospels” meets at 10 AM in the church hall
- – CCD – All classes will now be held on Sundays Gr K-5 — 8:45am – 9:50am Gr 6-10 — 11:15am – 12:30pm
- – Every Wednesday- 6:30-7:30pm Confessions in the church with exposition of the Eucharist.
- – Legion of Mary – meetings are held on Thursday evenings at 6:30 PM. We hope to see you there.
- – Youth Group meets every Saturday evening at 7:00 PM in the church hall.
- – Knights of Columbus meet on the Second and fourth Thursdays of every month at 7:30 PM
- – 4th Degree Knights of Columbus– Meets 3rd Tuesday of the month @7:30pm in the church hall
- – New Freedom (formerly AA) meets every Wednesday 8 PM in the church hall
- – St. Vincent dePaul Society meets 2nd Wednesday of the month: Sept – June at 6pm in the church hall.
- – Eucharistic Adoration Every Friday from 8am to Noon (Right after 7:30am morning mass)
Sunday, Dec. 15th Trip to LaSalette Shrine
Youth Group Meets Saturday Evenings at 7pm. Students in Grades 8-12 are welcome to join. Come and enjoy some time with friends. (Students who have already made their Confirmation are invited back to join us!)
FIRST COMMUNION & CONFIRMATION are two year programs. Please send in copies of Baptismal Certificates if student was not baptized at St. Eugene. Confirmation candidates should have a sponsor chosen prior to the start of classes.
Registration forms for Religious Education have been prepared and mailed. If you are new to the parish or have children who are now of an age to attend classes, please call rectory 568-5102 so that your family can be sent a registration form.
Registration Forms are available for download by clicking the Rel Ed menu option above then clicking Forms